Here's another great recipe I grew up eating. The sage in this recipe is the key!
- Pie crusts (we use store-bought ones like the ones from Pillsbury)
- Shredded, cooked chicken (roughly 2 to 3 cups); we typically get a rotisserie chicken and use part of that
- 1 package (1 pound) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 stick butter (can use less if desired; 1/2 stick might be ideal)
- 1 chopped onion
- One can cream of chicken soup
- 1-1/2 tsp sage
- 1-1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
Cook the package of frozen vegetables in salted water. While that is cooking, prepare the bottom pie crust in a pie dish. Next, melt the stick of butter in a skillet, and saute the chopped onion in it. In a large bowl, mix the onion, shredded chicken, cream of chicken soup, and the cooked vegetables. Add the sage and poultry seasoning, mixing gently so as to not tear up the vegetables.
Put this mixture in the bottom pie crust and cover with the top crust. Cut small slits in the pie crust for steam to escape. Bake at 375 until the crusts are done (30 minutes or so).