One of my favorite cookies! If you like a softer cookie, try the second variant.
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2-2/3 cups flour
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix the coating ingredients together and set aside.
- In a second medium bowl, combine shortening, sugar, and eggs, mixing together well.
- In a third bowl, mix together the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the shortening mixture to the flour mixture, combining well.
- Roll dough into balls (size of your choosing), and then roll into the cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- Place the balls of dough on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
Note that the larger the cookie, the longer it may take to bake fully.