Last weekend I finally finished Metroid Prime 3. Here are some quick thoughts I had on the game:
What I Liked
- The "Morph Ball" mode is incredibly fun. In essence, you become a pinball and get to roll through a number of tracks. There were plenty of puzzles that used this gameplay, and it ended up being my favorite part of the game.
- The Wii-mote and Nunchuck controls work surprisingly well. This is the first FPS experience I've had with the Wii, and I was quite pleased.
- Backtracking is well used in the game. There are plenty of areas that are inaccessible until you get certain powerups, forcing you to really explore every nook and cranny of every map.
What I Didn't Like
- Loading times aren't what they should be. Levels are loaded in an on-demand fashion, and there are some times when the delay gets in the way.
- The game feels a little too easy. Firefights end up being "how fast can you pull the trigger." Weapon powerups are obtained in a few places, but they never feel more powerful.
All in all, I highly recommend this game; it's a strong A in my book.