What do you think about Apple's iPad? Will it fly, or will it flop? Here are a few brief thoughts I had on the newest product from Cupertino:
- The name is absolutely terrible
- No physical keyboard is a huge minus on something this size
- Only one connector (Apple proprietary) is a huge mistake
- Data plans through AT&T are a big negative
- What does this give me that I can't do already on my laptop or netbook?
- No multitasking seems like a poor decision
- What a terrible name!
Perhaps Apple will prove me wrong, but I can't see this device catching on the world over. The "cool" factor just isn't there; the keynote demos consisted of boring stuff like editing spreadsheets and documents, something the "kids" of today aren't interested in. So what do you think?