I've rolled out some upgrades to the software I use here at the site for my photo albums. Here's the list of improvements:
- Clean URLs are now used through the magic of URL rewriting. I think I've gotten most of the kinks worked out with this, but WordPress feels like it should control everything on the site. I'll be making a post later this week on what I had to do to get things to work.
- HTML is now supported in all my photo captions. I've added a few links to a few of the photos, and I'm looking forward to using this feature on future albums. I hope to add this functionality to album descriptions eventually.
- The header image is no longer shown on photo album pages. This reduces the height of the page, reducing the need to scroll down.
- Extended photo information is now shown in a table using four columns instead of two, again reducing the height of the page.
- A new database backend is being used (the MySQLi extension instead of the raw MySQL PHP calls).
- A photo gallery title is no longer shown on each album page.
I want to add comments eventually, but there's more effort involved in doing that than I want to spend right now. If you notice any problems, please let me know about them. I'm aware of a minor bug in my rewriting code (no regular users should encounter it), but I hope to fix it in the coming days.